Monday, November 17, 2008

Wings For Wheels

amitbhatnagar.wordpress.com
The song Wings for Wheels by Bruce Springsteen is a nice flowing song that I never who have thought I would listen to in my life time. To the class this was just another assignment, but for me I saw it in another way. I grew up listen to music reggae, hip hop, slow jam, pop, and jazz because i played the saxophone. When I was listening to Wings for Wheels in class for the first time my first impression was what the hell is this. Then I started going along with it and reading the words as the song was playing. Then I started to like it. Like really i was digging this song. I was mainly liking into the lyric to the song. The message that I got form the song is that Bruce Springsteen was talk about the love and connection he has with his car. He says in the song "You ain't a beauty, but he (baby, ah) you're alright". Springsteen shows that even tho he doesn't have such a nice car he can do with what he has. It's important to have a car today so that who can go where ever you want and have that freedom. Even if you have nothing to do you can just get in your car and drive but you better be carefull now gas is expensive. In the song he says that he's not a prince but I sure do think that I am, but I can't lay no stars at someones feet. Magic is hard to do ya dig. Wings of Wheels is a great song, Bruce sees his car as his freedom and no matter who people can get all stressed out they can get in they car. Drove for hours just to free they mind. When a teenager get a car they have more freedom. Girls can now come and go pick them up in there car but all they want to do with the car is take it out on the road.

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

Check out the first album from Springsteen and the E Street Band called Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ. I think you'll possibly like and, and you may also want to check out 1975's Born to Run album.

Be careful as a wall of musical synthesis pounds you with its complexity and energy and the Boss raps Bob Dylan style, but to a different tune.