Wednesday, December 10, 2008

English 111

http://personal.bgsu.edu/~inezs/myweb/PE01456_%5B1%5D.gif



My English 111-79 class was like no other. The first time that I met my teacher he set in the classroom as one of the students. Me being who I am, I was not going to sit there after the previous class he was not there. So I yell out, "this guy must be a dick if he thinks we going to wait". Few minutes later he got up and reveled himself. I left like an asshole. Then he started talk about how the year was going to be. He was saying we got to read this, this, and this. In my mind I was like mold up here man, let get to know each other first. I thought I was going to fail the course after his speech. As class became more regular, the more it became fun. The English 111 class was the best class I have ever had. It was open discussion were we got to listen to other ideas. The teacher made us use some critical think, in which we had to understand what we are doing. I have never thought about the way that I watch movies but during the class we got to learn how to watch a film, what the different symbols in a film are? What make a film what it is? I will miss this class a lot. There were funny people in the call. One student call the teacher "a pot smoking white boy". That i thought was funny, the class environment became more live that of which people find at home. Friends were made by the teacher saying the first day "give you number to four other in the class exchange information". This made people establish new friendship. Peer Review and work review is what I will take about of this class. When I write I never use to go back to correct or check my work. I think that my first draft is also my final. With taking this class all first drafts are shitty, going over and look at your work could only improve the writer that we are. My English 111 class is been a lot of fun.The teaching used in the class is very useful. Now I have gotten a view in which I can try to develop me in my future English classes. For future students that will be taking this course pray and wish that you have an teacher like the one that I was pleased with. The class is going to be a pleasure to be in. You get to talk about subjects that are current to what is going on in the world today. You get to see things in a different light. We did homework on X-men. Like what class lets you watch as a part of your homework grade. Not saying all you do in the class is watch movies but you get to talk about the movie. What were the synbols? How can you relate to the movie? You get to talk about all these different things in English 111. I have learned a lot in this class and it has been a wounderful experience to be in the class with such a kick ass teacher.

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

"Friends were made by the teacher saying the first day 'give you number to four other in the class exchange information.' This made people establish new friendship."

I wasn't trying to have anyone make friends. You know this. It's all about business. You miss class. Find out what you missed.